God i have seen a few reasons as to why the date should not be...

1. 713 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    God i have seen a few reasons as to why the date should not be changed - you sure have selective reading.
    If you want to try , just just a very little to be just a wee bit positive , try putting all your ABC and WOKE negativity away , and remember January 26 was a day when 2 different cultures came together and met.
    Have a read of some of the history books , how King George instructed all British to be kind and caring to those they find.
    Read the current book out now "Bennelong & Phillip" , and how the British Captain and Aborigine leader worked together and how Phillip took Bennelong to London , to theatres and more and how he came back to Australia. There are many great books about life at settlement time. I know the staff at the ABC have not read them , but you could start.

Sure there were some bad British settlers later on , but at least we didn't have the French , Spanish , Dutch . Belgium's or Germans arrive instead.

What other day do you suggest for Aussies to celebrate - at least January 26 has both cultures

Anyway you can never teach a negative person to think different

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.