to those that have passed away this year, page-33

1. 72,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139

Some comments from a discussion forum on the John Denver film clip listed previously:

Do you think that John Denver and John Lennon jam together over the Rocky Mountians ? Heavens above
    johnPiercey (2 weeks ago)

Reply When I was 11 years old my mom told me that John Denver was my dad, so technically I was thinkin' that makes me John II, which is my name... so anyway, we were just settin' in our livin' room watchin' this very video on the TV, jest as yer seein' it here. I thought, "hmmm, I don't look a thing like that bastard". Then I was all, "Hey, Momma (that's her name), you'd think that flashy bastard with his big ol' collars and oversized geetar could buy us a new sofa". She was all, "PSYCHE!"
    .. You should get a medal for that comment.

Reply I once found myself upstairs above a coffee shop in Georgetown DC in 1967 helping a former Motown producer work out a new song. He brought along a couple of other unknown singers, Taffy and Bill Danoff. Don't know all the details, but a short distance away was The Cellar Door, where JD often later performed and the house manager became his manager.
    Reply I'd always liked this song. Till I heard Denver sing it WITH Taffy & Bill Montgomery.

Wow! So that's how it's supposed to REALLY sound!
    Reply John is like a breathe of fresh air !They dont make em like him any more! thanks
    Reply Did you read on Wikkipedia about the lost 2nd verse?

On his website, Bill Danoff gives that (later discarded) second verse:

In the foothills hidin' from the clouds,
    Pink and purple, West Virginia farmhouse.
    Naked ladies, men who looked like Christ,
    And a dog named Pancho, nibbling on the rice.

The three stayed up until 6:00 a.m., changing words and moving lines around. When they finished, John announced that the song had to go on his next album.
    abkdeg (1 month ago) Show Hide Marked as spam +1 Reply i love this song...he is already deay for so many years but still the song he created is still in my heart...!i swear it's true!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.