ASX 1.50% $63.53 asx limited

Good thread !!Summary of my move into fulltime trading from...

1. 99 Posts.
    Good thread !!

Summary of my move into fulltime trading from home.. 21 years in Finance & Accounting.. spent 1 year watching markets closely before doing a trade.. around 6 years part time trading... didnt have the luxury of a job where i could keep a really close eye on things & that cost me dearly several times... apart from those times had some pretty good runs...

During 2006 became increasingly frustrated & disillusioned with working for companies that milk u for everything but refuse to reward hard work....example lots of hollow promises during interview but then once ur working their u soon realise that meeting & exceeding their high expectations is barely getting any appreciation let alone reward for a job well done... so after a couple of years hard work & no sign of any payrise.. i decided i would never get one unless i asked for it.. so i did... that was a friday in November... they refused.. i quit !!! on the Monday they gave me the rise & asked me to hang around as long as i could until i was ready to start my new trading venture & even then do some contracting work for them if i wanted (BTW i only asked for 5k not the earth.. these 2 guys are making several milion each per year)

So... a trading i will go!!! First day fulltime was Monday 5th March... the wednesday before that was 'the' February correction.. so i lost quite a bit of my startup capital before i started.. the monday i started had around 40 stocks in watchlists & not one green one amongst them... no rags to riches stories here... its been tough going but i knew & expected that.. i'm undercapitalised & dont expect to make anywhere near my previous income in the first couple of years... my gf brings in a reasonable income so i have set aside the first 2 years to develop my trading plan & learn more about trading for a living.... was starting to get into a reasonable position & then came the July correction & unfortunatley for me i got caught on the wrong side of 2 CFD trades i had kept open overnight... lost a lot that Friday morning because also unfortunately both positions were considerably bigger than any positions i had held to that point.... just getting back in front again now... i have made plenty of mistakes & paid dearly for every one of them... cant really say i have had a lucky break yet... but i dont expect those (a bonus if they come).. have to be more disciplined with my stop losses but i'm getting better at that.

On the brighter side i absolutely love what i do.. i cant imagine how much i would love it if i was actually making decent money..i look forward to work everyday.. even after some of the shocking days i've had i cant wait to get back into it again... i'm learning heaps & believe that i will eventually get better at what i do & succeed at it... for the first time in my life i am passionate about my work & that in itself is rewarding... sure i miss some things about working in the city.. workmates.. pretty girls on the train etc. but nothing beats knowing each day that i am working towards achieving my own financial goals rather than just helping somebody else achieve theirs & receiving no recognition in return for it..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$63.53
Change
-0.970(1.50%)
Mkt cap ! $12.31B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.71 $64.80 $63.32 $24.41M 383.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1431 $63.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$63.54 890 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.