XJO 0.30% 7,759.6 s&p/asx 200

Hi Toll,I do sometimes include volume.I'd have to check back but...

1. 9,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5101
    Hi Toll,

I do sometimes include volume.

I'd have to check back but I think, for example, last week when the DJIA was falling and volume was increasing, I think I showed the volume (see circled areas). That was different from the way the retracement had been developing up till then, I thought suggested panic selling. That was worth pointing out.

Generally I don't include volume mainly because it adds an additional pane to the bottom of the charts I show. Usually that would mean showing five panes in addition to the index/stock chart - which that starts to impinge too much on the main focus - the chart of the index/stock chart.

With Australian indices (XJO, XAO, XSO, XFJ, etc.) when I'm using ProRealTime, the volume pane is not very helpful because of the way it is calibrated. Variations in volume bars appear as infinitesimally small - so as a visual aid it's not helpful.

None of that should mean that I think volume is unimportant - I believe the exact opposite and often comment on volume action in relation to recent days activity.

Good luck
    Redb

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.