TVN 7.14% 6.0¢ tivan limited

Today’ announcement is phenomenal!, page-31

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    Nothing here is guidance. It's a forum of opinions. And opinions are bias depending on what side of the fence you're on.

If I had skin in the game I'm sure I'd be more bias to the positives. But I do not. So my angle is am I happy to buy now? The answer is no not yet and I've listed my reasons. Waiting may be incorrect, and the more this is de-risked the higher the share price. That's the risk. But that's the name of the game with speculative stocks.

Happy to be corrected but my statement of $5.9M is correct. As of 31st December the company had $5.9M in the bank (Last quarterly report).
    That is possibly increased by $1.9M with the tax rebate announcement a couple weeks later but that is unclear whether that was already factored into the quarterly or not.

Ongoing costs of the company are unknown. Probably lower than previous but not negligible.
    Companies don't dip below the 2x quarters of cash in bank as a rule. It comes with a 'please explain' request at the end of the quarterly for one.
    But more so, it does not leave the company in a strong position for negotiation of funding.

e.g KRR case in point. No leverage.

Grant has inherited a mess from previous management, and what he has achieved to date is impressive, and dare I say close to perfection. I'm cautiously optimistic for TVN's future, whereas I had lost all for TNG.

But my thoughts still remain TVN do need cash. And when a company needs cash it almost always puts a handbrake/ceiling on the SP in the short term until that raising is resolved. So I consider my risk of staying out low at least for now. That may change.

Raisings at a premium are rare. And I wouldn't expect it for TVN at this juncture. That's not to say it can't be a positive outcome, as the question of who the capital is raised to should be more important to everyone than at what price.

The shares issued to KRR at $0.10 is a clever touch by Grant but should be irrelevant to anyone with a critical eye.
    Those shares are worth whatever the SP is currently and KRR were accepting of that when agreeing to it.
    Fundamentally KRR were issued 100,000,000 TVN shares as part of the aquisition and they were accepting of that.

Whatever paper value prescribed to those shares in an announcement is irrelevant. To sensationalize it to the extreme, Grant could've called them $1/share and the Aquisition value was $100M?. It doesn't mean TVN is worth $1/share and money has not raised at that price.

It means KRR are happy with 10,000,000 TVN shares at current market rate (8-8.5cents). What they plan to do with those are up to them (sell for capital, or hold for exposure to any positive upside in TVN?).

All of the above really just matches my sentiment at the moment which is a hold, and not held. If I currently held I'd be holding for sure as it looks in good hands.

Last edited by Dollarsandsense: 21/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
0.004(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $98.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.6¢ 5.9¢ $495.5K 8.083M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 65250 6.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 41659 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.1¢
  Change
0.004 ( 8.93 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.0¢ 6.5¢ 5.9¢ 2557405
Last updated 15.59pm 07/06/2024 ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.