CAT 2.83% $1.89 catapult group international ltd

I'd take anything that's said on Your Money Your Call with more...

1. 54 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I'd take anything that's said on Your Money Your Call with more than just a pinch of salt, if these guys were really as great at calling stocks as they'd lead you to believe they wouldn't be working at 'No Name Fund' and 'Bob's your uncle Capital', I remember a few years ago they were talking about Sydney Airport and it was clear that one of the 'investment professionals' had absolutely no understanding of tax stapled structures and was talking about how high their P/E was.

Now in regards to CAT, I've been a long term holder and now more so than ever before I'm noticing plenty of start ups popping their head into the sports analytics space. It makes sense, if I was an entrepreneur its a space I'd want to be playing in - Elite Sports and Tech, both super sexy sectors. I have a feeling the tech that the guys last night were talking about are Whoop Straps - originated out of Harvard's tech incubator program.

However CAT has a couple decades worth of sports science behind it, originated from the AIS, and they've already established themselves as the market leader in this space against players like Nike and Adidas which have both tried and failed to make a good fist of elite analytics. I can't see a tech startup easily penetrating this space, things like existing sales channels, relationships with clubs and contracts, and constant innovation and r&d are a fairly effective barrier to entry in this space.

To me, if CAT goes under $2 then its an absolute bargain.
    Last edited by Olaamigo: 06/04/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.89
Change
-0.055(2.83%)
Mkt cap ! $493.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.88 $1.93 $1.86 $528.4K 280.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5347 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.90 1526 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.