BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Today is the day, page-3

1. 373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Agreed. It is sad.

But I'd be interested in your view as to WHY you think this is happening. Since the IPO (at which we raised roughly A$15m after costs) the share price has almost halved. Unless somebody knows something the company was obliged to disclose, this seems nothing more than an aggressive campaign of short selling to me. The powerful 'in the know' investors shaking out the last shares from weak hands prior to efficacy? Let's not forget that although reduced in size, and priced at a significant discount, the IPO still attracted major investors to the table.

I suspect all the larger holders are simply sitting tight, watching on while the SP is being smacked on relatively low volumes. Even today, we are seeing a $3 - 4m reduction in market capitalisation based on $100k of ASX trades. I just don't buy it...and more to the point I'm not selling into it.

While it's now feeling very much like TT-034 is a binary outcome for BLT...how much further could the SP really fall, even in the event the efficacy data is not quite what management want it to be?!

-RS
    Last edited by rstickle: 07/09/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.