SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Today SP, page-296

1. 13,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    The market has lost confidence with SGH after the latest results. I thought there were positives when I listened to the open briefing from evidence turning the ship but yes after assessing a lot of things I can also see of course the market is uncomfortable with the risks.

As cash flow not at levels where makes anybody comfortable and people want to see more evidence and yes that old NIHL chestnut and no detail on that has got the market running scared.

When you have people on here claiming to be SGH employees or part of a company that was acquired by SGH it took me a bit what this was about - but then I clicked- re: Short sellers don't want competition from shareholders who may be considering bailing so let them have lots of positive messages so they feel worth holding on to their shares and perhaps even buy more. All feeding the short sellers. Sharks always been all over this threads and learnt a lot about some of the supposed friendly faces on here who are all not what they seem. No details as that is what you get from public forum as lot of the same on other threads. Hence why you need to divorce yourself from reading threads like this when something like this happens and look at the charts etc. I unfortunately lost a little sight of that with some silly trades misguided by listening to the audio. As chart was clear message to just stay out (or just go short as the only crowded trade) and being busy at work never a time to trade such a stock.

Look the charts suggest this is getting into oversold levels but I am not game. In hindsight I should have sold my free carry shares as still money /profits rapidly diminished by some 50% plus from the highs. I also did some silly trades on a failing knife at some support levels which sailed through and which was not wise and spent more time being stopped out then making money.

Unfortunately this stock is still in the high risk category and as much as we were hoping it would be significantly derisked it has not happened yet. Better than where at with H1 and got time with bankers but I suspect it will be wild old ride. Might bounce before it gets there but would not be surprised if that old gap at 32 cents finally gets closed.

Anyhow I am going to take my leave as for the time being I will be sitting on my hands.

There are a lots of reasons to say they can turn this around but there are also still some considerable risks at this point. I hope it works out for those invested as I do with me and would still not have my free carry position in if I thought all was lost.

Good luck with your endeavours.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.