SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Today SP, page-300

1. 4,723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    Jimk

The trading vs investing debate is an interesting one.

I can do 10 good trades and watch it all evaporate with one bad trade (usually a left field announcement that no amount of research could have predicted).

I personally just monitor every trade on its merits. I have a general price target and time frame, but will adjust as the story unfolds.

For example, as soon as I glanced at the information relating to the AR I dumped my shares because I felt it was as bad as I could have expected. I felt, given the probability of no further news for a while, the threat of VA and the lack of institutional investment, that the sp would dip.

Selling them at 51c and buying them back today at 37.5c has allowed me to own the same number of shares for about $13000 less. The equivalent to a short sell.

Having said that, the market may have interpreted the results differently and I could have sold out only to see the sp keep increasing. Just as I may have bought today to only see the sp keep falling.

However, surprised by the size of the pull-back, I bought in again today as it seemed that a fair amount of capitulation is happening. Plus it ticked some key technical indicators for me. But I acknowledge it is highly risky.

If the downturn in the sp settles, finds a sideways range and volumes return to normal, I'll hold for a longer term as I still believe that if it survives the next quarter and shows promise of a turnaround, that the shareprice will be in the 80c range.

I guess I am saying that you shouldnt think one or the other, but ensure that any trade has a degree of flexibility in it. Try not to be swayed be either extreme of HC poster.

But most importantly, stick to your own trading/investment style.

Milesy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.