SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Today SP, page-308

1. 9 Posts.
    Agree

I too have dabbled in trading and find personally find it really difficult. Funny how I could gain 20% in WBC from trading it although it moves slow, but sustaining losses currently in SGH where I've once seen 50% gains.

Congrats for dumping your shares at 0.51. Unfortunately I took the opposite stance to yours. I initially set a sell order at 0.495 shortly after open but quickly cancelled it as I saw the SP climb up a bit thinking that the market might take it as an okay news and it would stay in the 50s. I wanted to cut loss again at 0.45 only to wait till 0.415 yesterday thinking that it would be hard for it to drop further as the last time it was sitting at 0.3+++ it was when the company was at the brink of dying (?VA)

I think that it's unlikely to drop to 20s but I could be wrong. As you've mentioned the lack of news for a while is certainly a concern as well as lack of institutional investment. I could be wrong again and we would see the SP falling to 0.295 tomorrow.

The last time we were at 0.365 was when we still had a lot of hope the SP would rocket. We had hope the 2H would be different. I don't think that there are many that are hopeful for the next half. The last time we were sitting in the 20s, we were banking on the company not going down and I guess that was what kept it going.

As there are more posters on SGH now, I think it is somewhat a good indicator or the markets sentiment- which is panic and fear (My own dominant feelings for the past few days). Could be a good indicator to buy soon when the fear bit starts to die down, otherwise with more panic comes more selling.

The company is not dead though. There is still a chance of a recovery next half. Just have to continue asking myself the same question for the past few months "Do I really think the company improve next half? If it does, would I be able to withstand a drop down to the 20s?"

I'm getting delirious

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.