LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

I see Goofy's point of view as being rational and a significant...

1. 421 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    I see Goofy's point of view as being rational and a significant concern. If Wrong and Fuzzy were rational beings, they would have accepted scientific facts years ago. There is nothing rational about an emotional position. There is a real danger Wrong and Fuzzy will impede progress at Lynas and stalling the approval of Condisoil is the most likely path. There is no reason to believe they are any better educated now. It's reasonable to allow the new Government time to settle in and address the Lynas concerns held by the uneducated portion of Malaysia's population but to allow Wrong and Fuzzy any official voice is bad news for Lynas shareholders. Lynas has a team that has managed to secure a major foothold in a space with explosive growth potential. I'm not saying Lynas is another Amazon but they could be another Standard Oil. They have demonstrated the ability to generate income, master complex production requirements, and establish a solid customer base in a field that is in its infancy. It's not a matter of if Lynas will become a Disallowed, it's a matter of when. If the Malaysian government doesn't reign in fear mongers like Wrong and Fuzzy, then it would be nothing short of negligent for the Lynas board to spend another dime building new capacity in Malaysia. The potential for growth over the coming decades, if not centuries, more than justifies the cost of building new capacity in a nation capable of understanding science. The ball is in the court of the Malaysian authorities and it's up to Lynas shareholders to insure the board is not negligent or delusional. I still think Lynas is a buy at these levels, especially since price is, at this time, consolidating. However, anyone buying should be in for the long haul as Malaysia has muddied the waters. IMO, there is no doubt future investment in Malaysia has been curtailed by their backward culture's ignorant grip on the reigns of power. What company wants to gamble on the rulings of an emotional, not rational, government ? Rare Earths are much more than a 3rd world nation's political views and Lynas is here to stay.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.