AXO 0.00% 73.0¢ aurox resources limited

From what I understand-Previously the oxide titanomagnetite (the...

1. 66 Posts.
    From what I understand-

Previously the oxide titanomagnetite (the first 15 metres or so) was destined for waste, as the vanadium recovery was unacceptable (although still better than Windimurra).

Now, the oxide will apparently be sold to the Chinese. When you compare the magnetic recovery of the oxide concentrate to a normal magnetite iron ore deposit, it is easy to understand why they would choose to mine it. A normal magnetite deposit is lucky to get 30% magnetics, this project gets more than 50% magnetics even in the oxide.

Also, the vanadium operation seems to be based on ore that grades higher than 0.6% v2o5, there would be a lot of material less than 0.6% that would be wasted. That material looks as though it would now be concentrated and sold. Remember, some other vanadium projects in WA base their vanadium operation on ore that grades less than 0.5%.

I doubt that any amount of grinding and magnetics can eliminate titanium from this type of ore. That's why the realtionship with Chengde is so important. They are one of the only steelmakers who can utilise such feed.

In terms of using the left over waste from the vanadium operation, good luck. In south africa there are mountains of the stuff and I have yet to hear of a reliable solution to dealing with the baked in sodium it contains. It is waste.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.