VCR ventracor limited

also find this info on the FH website today29 June 2009NOTICE TO...

1. 978 Posts.
    also find this info on the FH website today

29 June 2009
    NOTICE TO SHAREHOLDERS
    Dear Sir / Madam
    Ventracor Limited (Subject to Deed of Company Arrangement)
    ACN 003 180 372
    ("the Company")
    I refer to the appointment of Peter James Gothard and I as Joint and Several
    Voluntary Administrators of Ventracor Limited on 19 March 2009, pursuant to Section
    436A of the Corporations Act 2001 (“the Act”).
    At the second meeting of creditors held on 29 May 2009, creditors resolved “that
    pursuant to Section 439C of the Corporations Act 2001, the Company be required to
    execute a Deed of Company Arrangement (“DOCA”) under Part 5.3A of the
    Corporations Act 2001 in the same form as the proposal statement outlined in the
    Administrators’ report to creditors dated 20 May 2009."
    The major component of the DOCA was contingent upon the exchange of a sale
    agreement between Siqro Inc and Ventracor Limited and its subsidiaries.
    On 5 June 2009, a Business Sale Deed was exchanged between the parties
    incorporating the sale of the majority of the assets held by the Ventracor Group to Siqro
    Inc. Completion of this Business Sale Deed was expected to result in continuity of
    employment for the majority of employees and a 100 cents in the dollar return for all
    creditors.
    On 15 June 2009, a Deed of Company Arrangement was entered into by Ventracor
    Limited and its subsidiaries with Peter James Gothard and I becoming the Joint and
    Several Deed Administrators of the DOCA.
    A key condition of the Business Sale Deed was that for any period between exchange
    and settlement, Siqro Inc would be required to provide bridging finance to Ventracor in
    order to continue the operations of the group. On exchange, bridging finance to the
    12th of June was paid by Siqro, and a further payment to fund the operations to the
    19th of June was also made.
    A further bridging payment was required to be paid by Siqro on 19 June 2009. Siqro
    advised on that day that they would not be in a position to make the bridge payment
    as a result of uncertainty surrounding their capital investors to finance completion of
    the sale and to raise the funding required to continue the operations in the long term.
    Page 2
    29 June 2009
    bhz.260609 sholders.docx
    Siqro subsequently withdrew their interest, resulting in termination of the Business
    Sale Deed.
    In order to exhaust all avenues for preserving the business, immediately upon Siqro’s
    withdrawal, I contacted both the Shareholder Group and Horizon Healthcare (parties
    who had previously expressed an interest but had failed to put forward a viable
    proposal) providing them with an opportunity to put forward bridge funding to continue
    the operations as an interim measure with a view to conducting due diligence for the
    purposes of acquiring the Ventracor Group.
    Both the Shareholder Group and Horizon Healthcare were advised that I would have
    no alternative but to cease operations unless the funds required to sustain the
    operations were transferred to the Ventracor Ltd bank account during the course of
    Monday 22 June 2009.
    Despite numerous discussions with both parties and assurances that the cash transfer
    would be made, I was not provided with any funds within the necessary timeframe.
    This is notwithstanding that the timeframe for providing these funds was extended to
    Tuesday 23 June 2009.
    In the absence of the requested funding being received, I have had no alternative but
    to cease the operations of Ventracor Limited and commence to effect a wind down as
    of the evening of Tuesday 23 June 2009. This has included the termination of a
    number of employees and notifications to regulators, hospitals and centres.
    I have also commenced a process to identify any interest in the residual assets of the
    company whilst maintaining contact with the regulators to explore options which may
    be available for patients currently implanted with an LVAD.
    The Company’s creditors will be meeting on 3 July 2009 to determine if the DOCA will
    continue or be terminated and the Company proceed to liquidation.
    On the basis that there will be no sale of the Ventracor business, at this time it is not
    expected that there will be any return to shareholders of the Company.
    Yours faithfully
    Ventracor Limited
    S J Sherman
    Deed Administrator

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.