CNM carnegie corporation limited

I particularly liked how they positioned OPT in the "first...

1. 127 Posts.
    I particularly liked how they positioned OPT in the "first generation" of wave power generators, obviously putting themselves forward as "next generation". It is surprising that all of those first generation technologies have probably received far more funding than CETO and are now relatively obsolete in comparison. Anyone who looks at the photos will readily see that any of the first generation generators are not terribly aesthetic, and as that snake thing and OPT have found out, being on the surface in a high wave energy environment can lead to disaster. The alternative wave energy competitors are no longer viable in comparison imo. The Griffin Energy JV which plans to develop a site north of perth up to 100MW would require 100ha or ~250 acres of ocean surface - does anyone really think that the government would approve a surface hazard of that size offshore WA? I guess it is possible, but highly unlikely. I can't see the residents of Binningup even remotely approving the idea of 5ha (for 5MW) bobbing around off their coastline.
    Also liked the statement that CETO will be cost competitive with fossil fuels at scale, and that at the end of the day is what this is all about - getting a full scale demo plant up and running, proving the concept definitively and then getting into mass production. The targeted 3000MW by 2020 equals 60 full scale plants, or about 7.5 new plants per year for 8 years from 2012. It is an ambitious target but lets hope they get there.
    On the negative side, thought they may have pushed forward their Clean Coal Power Technology at this particular session - but probably best to concentrate on one thing at a time and no doubt time restrictions were in place.
    Agree rodivg, it will be very interesting to see what comes from this - in my mind the timing is very good as it is now an opportune time for the Rudd govt to actually show that it is doing something about reducing emissions by encouraging the implementation of zero-emission technologies. They are being portrayed as talkers with little backbone to do anything constructive (my words and opinion) so supporting CETO strongly would imo go a long way to negate that sentiment. But I am truly biased.
    As to timing for Binningup, it looks like the final decision will be made by August - see link below:
    http://www.watercorporation.com.au/_files/PublicationsRegister/6/ConnectionsMay08.pdf
    Fingers crossed and lets see if the little beggars from Watercorp start putting their hard-earned in shortly

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.