LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

I sold end of May first week in June. I am in US and it is hard...

1. 7,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    I sold end of May first week in June. I am in US and it is hard to sell LYSDY and CF quickly. I have a few shares left only because people bought partials and it is not worth trading just a few shares. I will continue to read and post there are no rules against it. It is critical that people understand that behavior of this stock is predictable. I will buy back as soon as the conditions that caused the current SP slide from High $2. range change. Right now if nothing changes it will fall further. It may surge over $2.00 once or twice while doing it. If people understand why the SP drops they will be much more likely to jump in strongly when those conditions change. I have no desire to see people sell and lower SP. I do not buy on price I buy on improving market conditions.
    I sold for the following reasons.
    Fear of correction in WW economy. Still shaky but doing better than I predicted.
    Drop in Ndpr price since high in March/ April. Over US$ 45 then to Under $40 today.
    Sectors like hand tools moving away from PMMs after Last two price run ups.
    EVs volume increasing much slower than many predict. Predictions are still great, actual volume not so good.
    One other thing has come to my attention but not involved in original decision. US Car sales slowing, read AL statement on PG 12 of AR. Why is this important there are from 10 to 25+ PMM motors in an ICE vehicle? SOME Like starter motor, Radiator Fan motor, Steering motor are large and us a lot of PMs. Power seats, windows, heater fan and many others are smaller. In July US sales of cars and light trucks were down 3% 45,000 vehicles YOY Think of how much PM were not used. August was only down 0.1% about a 1000 cars and trucks I will let you decide if it is because of increased demand or because there was large inventories and heavy discounting to move that inventory. We will need September and October YOY to know if we have a trend. If September drops more than 4% then October is less important s far as determing trend. Who know it may go up in which case I am wrong to think about this.

For your reference https://www.marklines.com/en/statistics/flash_sales/salesfig_usa_2018#jul

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.