LYC 1.29% $6.14 lynas rare earths limited

Today's chart & trading, page-1255

1. 7,479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 503
    Still would like to see you address this line of thought. You are the leader in Malaysia. Everything looks fine but some issues like codicil keep slowing things down for Lynas. You have some checking done and everything comes back fine. You have all the Lynas schedules checked and it looks like the earliest they will need a license modification in January February. So you have two choices appoint someone friendly to Lynas get the answer you expect and still have years of people second guessing the decision. Appoint someone hostile put them under a time restraint that will not hurt Lynas. Now one of two things will happen the preponderance of evidence says approve and they are locked in corner. They approve and most criticism is disabled. If Fuziah cannot find problems who can? They do find something really wrong and you are a hero for appointing them.

For many years when I was managing there were always people that would disagree with decision. Use back door methods to try and undermine what was going on. The quickest way to resolve the disruption was to make that person responsible for investigating and reporting back on what they perceived as a problem. Give sufficient time for them to present the ideas but not if they did not put in extra effort. Several things happened if they could not make good argument in public on paper people would stop listening. The nay sayer had their chance. Second after this happened a few times most people learned that to voice their complaints in an open documented way. Quite often when you document complaints they do not seem to look as big. This also saved me several times when I was wrong.

So I think Lynas is safe and they will get the permits. I think Fuziah is the best person to lead this. I have used the technique of picking the nay-sayers to present opposing views at several companies. I have always been happy with results. If she tries to base her arguments on mutated fish or two headed chickens she will be blown out of the water.

She is the right person for this if you want the books closed. Appoint someone friendly to Lynas if you want the background noise and sudden un-expected disruptions to go on forever.
    There is the chance ( I think very small) that she will find something legitimate. Far better now and fix it than a year or two from now.

JMO CJ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.14
Change
-0.080(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $5.795B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.12 $6.21 $6.10 $5.960M 969.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 26018 $6.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.14 19643 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.12pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.