LYC 0.90% $7.70 lynas rare earths limited

Today's chart & trading, page-1538

1. 7,672 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509

Monday should be a day that gives a hint on what is controlling Lynas stock price.  After the very positive meeting last weekend in Malaysia the stock was at 2.40.   The other news last week is that ND price made one of its biggest moves in several months and it was positive.  (Move was small 2RMB  but still larger  or same as last 5 down moves but the fact it was positive is significant)    I do not think it is very relevant but many of the heavies moved positive as well.    The stock including ASX 200 markets in general were down for the week.  Lynas now sits at 2.13. A drop of 11% in 4 days, with only good news.   This in itself says that the SP is being effected more by WW events that anything specific to Lynas.   Friday in US trading   was light and the day was shortened for the holiday in US.   Markets were down especially some tech stocks and stocks with Hi PEs.   If I look at just Lynas the stock should go up as people buy the dip ahead of what should be some good news in the next week or two.    If I look at WW events the stock will likely go down a little more, or up less than 5 cents. Which would be less than Fridays decline.   Is this circumstantial?   Absolutely.   If it happens it is one more piece of evidence that should tell us where to look to avoid losses.   If evidence is evenly split then do not change course.    If your focus is on Lynas and the stock movement keeps surprising you in a negative way maybe it is time to expand your view.  

I do not know how many here look at daily activity chart.   I have been.    Several times last week the SP did not go above a certain price for a couple of hours.  Few small dips below the price.     The only thing I know that can cause this is a large sell limit order so that every time the price reaches   that price every order is filled.    I would be glade to listen to other explanations.    If no other explanation then someone with a lot of shares is selling. Probably not one of the funds that are over 5%.   I am sure with all the shares that MT K disposed of there are lots of holders just under 5%.      

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.70
Change
-0.070(0.90%)
Mkt cap ! $7.197B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.63 $7.72 $7.57 $17.44M 2.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 482 $7.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.70 6582 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.