LYC 1.65% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

Anything could happen here when the shorters get hold of this....

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Anything could happen here when the shorters get hold of this. It has already started in the last several minutes.  Problem I see is that the enemies of Lynas are now within the Malaysian Government and obviously have serious influence.  Is there the dead hand of China in there - still wielding influence?? This has to substantially erode any potential buyers' confidence. I've been a huge fan of Lynas, but got spooked when the inquiry was announced. Would I buy at $1.00? I'm not sure I would unless there is an exit plan from Malaysia. Problem there is that as soon as that's communicated, the risk of the LAMP being closed down increases exponentially. The biggest assets of LYC are Mt Weld and their IP and knowhow. The LAMP is now a liability.  Adding capacity outside Malaysia is a no-brainer - but there is a lead-in time and lots of capital to find. Lynas will survive in some form as it has the support of Japanese industry, but I expect a very bumpy ride as they inevitably exit (or at least cut their reliance on) Malaysia. I will continue to watch and hope for the set up of a second plant in Darwin or Townsville, but I doubt I'll risk investment until they lose their reliance on the LAMP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $26.63M 4.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17840 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 8880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.