LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

ContraJ, never had I explicitly or implicitly said the chart is...

1. 206 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1763
    ContraJ, never had I explicitly or implicitly said the chart is the only tool. I simply said it is beautiful.

Fundamental is important but so many a time the SP went the other way. Then the "experts" would say it was "priced in" or "above or below expectation". On top of that a lot of companies have locked into contract prices or pre-sold their stuff many months in advance. The spot price has little bearing on their near term earning results.

On the other hand when the SP is up, the chart is up, and nobody could dispute it.

Furthermore, robots are taking over with algorithmic trading. Do you think the robots are sitting there reading newspapers or analysing charts? In order to fight with them, we better start reading charts. [To avoid arguments, robots do read newspapers, Twitter and all electronic news feeds. They too would analyse balance sheet and P&L reports. But their correlation is not yet as good as we human who could draw on our life long experience. The saving grace is they are not as emotional as us.]

More than 85% of trades are from algorithmic trading in 2012, could be more today. See https://www.experfy.com/blog/the-future-of-algorithmic-trading
    experfy-blogAlgorithmic Trading. Percentage of Market Volume. data from Morton Glantz, Robert Kissell.

Last edited by Medicine Man: 19/09/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.