LYC 0.58% $7.71 lynas rare earths limited

Today's chart & trading, page-2266

1. 7,661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    Shorts
    Shorts fell below 3% of total shares issued. total shorts of 20.7M on Nov 13 the last day combined short numbers are available for. On September 4 combined shorts were 26M shares and this is a drop in shorts of 5.3M shares which is the same as a buyer buying 5.3M Shares, the SP was at AUD 2.49 on Sept 4th.

So all the comments on this thread about shorts causing the slide are false.

shorts have been bouncing between 3.01% and 3.1% for several weeks I just wanted them below 3% before posting this. I know it does not make sense but we all have crazy goals, sometimes.

If you look at most of the big spikes in shorts on Lynas they are in the weeks before MT exercise their options. This large fast increases were Credit Swiss hedging their position before they receive and sold these shares. This prevented a sudden drop when shares were sold and protected CS. Shorts are just another tool to make money. I do not short, not for any moral reason but just because in US it is too Expensive. I do PUTs and Uncovered Calls only to work the down side.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.