LYC 1.35% $5.83 lynas rare earths limited

Hate being repetitive, but would be hoping the av punter has...

1. 19,584 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4970
    Hate being repetitive, but would be hoping the av punter has some concept of the influence scale thru Lynas process by now, even a rudimentary understanding LynasNext would suggest it is as much about efficiency as it is about inputs.

Insult me all you like on social media, you really can't add much to the myriad keyboard warriors over the years.

Value investing always comes with risks, but I guess if you can't recognise the value in the first place it is very easy to be overcome by fear. Way too many freeloaders here, just expecting a quick easy buck, so obvious to pick with the wild swings in sentiment.

"In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield"

BTW, do you even vaguely comprehend what Buffett meant with that quote?

The real fear with Lynas was 2011 when they were battling the same adversaries to gain an operating license.

Then again in 2013/14 when they struggled with materials handling, then balance to produce on spec product, the Japanese had basically abandoned them.

Now we CAN look in the rear view mirror, Lynas dealt with the issues in 2011, took onboard the IAEA, set up 24/7 monitoring, and basically been producing very nearly six years without on incident well under permissible emissions.

Crystal clear in the rear view mirror.

Since that first significant 839t on spec NdPr JuneQ 2015 Lynas has built a critical supply chain to Japanese manufacturing, one that has grown 50% in the last year, the first indication that ROW may actually be clawing back some of the huge portion of mkt share lost to China 2007 - 2012.

Crystal clear in the rear view mirror, and you can draw your own inferences.

I've never shied from the fact I believe there is deep value not just in Lynas but the industry as a whole, and that Lynas is by far the best way to play it. Are there risks, of course there are, the SP would probably be +$3 right now if it was a cakewalk. Not suggesting it will be all plain sailing, or perhaps without costs, but IMO the potential reward remains compelling.

For those with a dirty windshield, can't see a positive risk/reward, decisions dead easy, go buy some Faceache or Tesla, personally the rear view mirror here gives me considerable confidence.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.83
Change
-0.080(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $5.449B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $6.04 $5.83 $18.89M 3.204M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 17984 $5.83

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.87 3952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.