LYC 4.14% $7.04 lynas rare earths limited

todays chart, page-83

1. 8,720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81
    Hi Suzee

We can never know for sure what's behind large sales like this, other than it was a large negotiated single block transaction between 2 parties.

The rest is all speculation.

I don't know how SM record transactions but I do know for every buyer there is a seller and vice versa. The theory that doudou proposed on the other thread is interesting and has some plausibility to it - I hope that's not the explanation, because we are then likely to see a resumption of the down-trend. But equally it could be a buyer interested in taking on that block of converted warrants - that also has plausibility and naturally I think most of us would hope that is what happened.

But for me all that is by the by, because I can't know what the real situation is. What I am looking at and why I have taken a punt is that the daily chart now has a nice bullish engulfing candle. There is normally follow-through from this type of candle and that is what I am banking on, although I note on LYC's daily chart it has a tendency after strong high volume candles like this to consolidate within the body of the candle before moving higher. I will be looking for a repeat of that pattern, and if price breaks a couple of points below the low of today's candle I will be out.

So whatever the situation behind the scenes is, which I don't know, I will let the chart decide the outcome for me either way.

Cheers, Sharks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.04
Change
0.280(4.14%)
Mkt cap ! $6.580B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.66 $7.07 $6.66 $29.97M 4.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35 $7.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.05 6000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.