LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

todays chart, page-335

1. 7,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    This memo bugs me. For many months now you have been gleefully showing us HREE going down. Why? I am not sure. It adds confusion to the market and hurts Lynas Seg prices. But apparently you are more interested in being right than the overall market. Now EU goes up 100% and you say this is going to really help Lynas. No comment to what all the factors due to Seg? Do you even know? Defend yourself with data.
    Now Eu is .052% of the REE. There has been a change in how high performance Leds are made, not your average household LED, and that is increasing the demand for EU a little. Where does that stack up against parts of Lynas’s SEG
    SM 0.23% about 4x Eu
    Gd 0.106 % 2x Eu.
    Y 0.074% Just a little more than 1. All the rest are less than EU.
    So Eu is up 100%. And of the 4 it is the most expensive. Why don’t you look up everything including sales price Jan ‘17 and now and figure out the change in $ / KG and tell us what SEG is really doing. This would be far more useful than misleading people saying SEG is up because one element that is about 10% of total SEG is up 100%. When for months you have been telling us every time one of the others is down.
    Just for record since Eu went from $50 to a $100. I think total SEG is up but isn’t how much important?

Personally I think SEG is not very significant. It is 5% of volume. I realy do not know what it sells for but things Amanda has said makes me THINK it is in the $10 to $20 range. If you have a better number share it. But you keep bringing it up. Why insignificant? If it sells for $20 which, I think is high, and goes up 5%, a $1.00, then that adds a whole 5C to ASP. And As you point out most of the other elements are going down. Helps, yes, but not very much.

As far as your sunk cost please look at my example of a 50% price and 100 volume rise for La and Ce. I quite clearly said no change in COP So you are just repeating what I already did but use different words so you can act like you disagree. Yes with a double in volume COP would go up a little but the example was clear enough that I did not want to include it and argue how much. In spite of that you felt it necessary to say
    "price/value add LaCe on plant economics via higher recovery rates (sunk cost) should not be underestimated."

Why?

Come back to me with what you think numbers should be . In My opinion if you take the total contribution of any given change over the next 3 years to the bottom line and it is less than 10% of 600M then it should be mentioned but kept to a minimum. less than 5% discusion should be kept to a minimum.

Now Ce is up 8% in last two weeks but flat with early April. Do you think that needs a major post? La is flat back to March. Why do you continue to talk about these like they are going to help? What am I missing?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.