LYC 0.58% $6.88 lynas rare earths limited

todays chart, page-383

1. 7,574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 506
    Could you explain one thing to me. Some people seem to be very worried about a MTK takeover. I post reasons why they don't want to take over, they want cash not Lynas. Reasons why they do not have the shares they belong to the investors of the funds, Just like 3.5 Billion shares are in public hands now far too diverse a group. Yet you and every one else seems to want to distort the facts to make a takeover possible. This does not make sense to me could you explain.

I agree with you about the following statement.
    "Australian regulators would treat MtK/Fortress/SoftBank as a single entity under both the 19.99% ownership & FIRB guidelines"

To do this they would have to liquidate the funds and pay off all the holders at fair market value with cash,
    and keep the stock. Why would they do this? They are Brokers not miners or manufacturing people. It just makes no sence to me. Could you give reasons why you think they want to do this.

Last comment. There is no list of major stock holders in annual '16 or half year report. (very quick skim, may have missed it) No director including AL has 2% of the stock. If someone wanted to do a hostile takeover or change management All they would need is 5% of stock which would be easy to accumulate. Now for a full take over MT K is a heck of a poison pill you have said this and I agree. Yet another reason why I do not see MT K a factor in management but a big problem for dilution.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.88
Change
-0.040(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $6.430B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.92 $7.05 $6.83 $13.27M 1.918M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 966 $6.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.90 18661 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.