WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Irritating for those who spent time crafting questions that no...

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Irritating for those who spent time crafting questions that no corresponding preparation was evident in the apparently unscripted answers. It just presented as disrespectful.

How about 'Steve (or whoever) has prepared an answer to this one' instead of 'who wants to take this one?' and sheet home responsibility to deliver answers which address the specific questions, instead of wandering off-topic. It just comes across as arrogant, dismissive and evasive. I'm sure I could hear a background hiss during the call - the sound of all the air escaping from investors hopes of a productive conference.

I suspect spending some time contemplating the questions would lso likely result in them understanding there is more they could safely convey to us.

Lots of reference to cap raising experience and bank contacts, but no hint of their likely utilisation - unless we choose to read something unspoken into that.

Generally speaking, the BOD claimed to have all the skills, expeience and senior connection to make a go of OBJ, having each assessed what they have to work with at the company.

Good management makes or breaks good companies, so I guess we have to wait and see whether they are good.

Since they are still unable to estimate revenue of products already in the market, presumably that will remain so with any other product which reach the market through P&G.

It must be hard to set a corporate plan without revenue forecasting and there was no mention of any set plan or strategy, although again, several potential strategies that may or may not come to pass and broadly, things they would like, such as 'getting closer to the customer', by having a stake other than just royalties. But is that their actual strategy for which they have devised a plan? I'm none the wiser.

And, 'Renaissance man' Steve - really? If by that, you mean you bought some Louis iv chairs for the dining room, how about inviting the BOD round to sit in those chairs and draw inspiration about how they might answer investor's questions better next time.

Their message was - we are great, the tech is great, we have now brought to OBJ great contacts to get traction with other players at senior level and also, the skills to negotiate better deals.

I accept their assertions of Olympian greatness at face value. After all, we are spending a lot of money hiring them and setting them up in Rome and New York for exactly those qualities.

So, let's see it - get just one deal (a better deal) with another major fmcg company this year and investors will shower you with deserved praise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.