FML 3.70% 13.0¢ focus minerals ltd

today's gold oz report by countrywriter...

1. 11 Posts.
    Folks

I last posted more than a year ago. I'm a LT and was a strong believer in FML. I checked back in here time to time, but have avoided Mr Market and much of the noise on this stock.

From my humble pov, I will sum up what I have understood of this whole situation in one sentence: Focus Minerals current business model does not work due to high cost structure and the company is in DESPERATE need of cash. Full stop.

How a company reaches that point is simply through mismanagement of its assets. How a company alleviates that thirst for cash is not the point of this email. And I wont go forward on what should be done, that's not my place nor my qualification.

I will say for what it's worth (being someone who has run a business in China alongside the Chinese the past 4 years and currently living there) that it's completely uncommon for the Chinese state to pursue a "co-leadership" model amongst the companies they've acquired. Virtually all precedents indicate they assume full leadership and direction. Net, have any of you heard of where they actually want to take the company? I have not.

I am writing though on another matter. As said I like to block out Mr Market. When I however read that Focus Minerals release today was commissioned to GoldOz, it strikes me as no surprise this report is by the poster known as "CountryWriter". In the past, said poster was often heralding all the reasons in the world why this company deserved your money, your support and is now doing it officially on behalf of the company. Some might continue to agree, that's not my point of whether their pov is right or wrong.

Folks, Im no gold expert, but Ive got common sense to tell me that experts of any kind dont spend days on end on discussion threads for months claiming to be impartial or experts of any kind for that matter. Experts have day jobs, and impartiality goes hand in hand with coherency. You cannot be coherent declaring impartiality and then be commissioned by a company to run its reporting. This is not defamatory, it is showing respect for this forum and its users.

I hope that in the future the Focus company will clean up and improve on its mismanagement of assets until now and install some true vision - with or without the Chinese.

Meanwhile, I hope this board will clean itself up as well. Opinions are always welcome, discussion is healthy. But remember what Mr Buffet says about Mr Market. Many of you would would agree with him more than ever right now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
-0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $37.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ $4.572K 34.43K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 29731 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.16pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.