GNS 0.00% 16.0¢ gunns limited

zwu-gns have already alluded to the plantations in a statement...

1. 3,062 Posts.
    zwu-gns have already alluded to the plantations in a statement to the market,but i thankyou for your response.

as for new i am not,but that is the difference between trading and investing,you would have made money on your investment,in fact most that had the good sense or conviction to exit during that period of exuberance prior to the gfc would be very happy today.

i am not one of them nor are many people i know some lost
    95% of the value of their holdings others lost much more than that their retirement,or in some cases everything.

the difference for me is i sold my encumbered home to re-enter
    and it has been a tremendous decision,providing liquidity and financial returns that would not be possible anywhere legal excepting the asx.

the issue for me with so many negative posts and i accept there validity is the almost total lack of focus on the future.

the gfc,has brought change to many companys ,probably most
    in terms of the use of capital and its effects are far from over,while i share many of the beliefs regarding gunns past
    the history of evolution from a colonial company under colonial government which existed really until the 80,s is a
    large reason for gunns chosen path ,so this is a company with very long term projects that transend even governments and the processe established since the menzies era have only been revised since the late 1980,i do not dispute environmental carnage which is largely the result of historical practices.

gunns will restructure and will survive,its just a matter of what the new gunns will be like,i am sure there are other timber companys that employ similar practices they are just not as big or multidimensional.

timber is an industry vital to australia not just tasmania
    and gunns today is an australian business not tasmanian,
    it would not be inconceivable that gunns develop a model similar to sims metal and become a global business.

so its not what you know for that is written in history,its really a matter of what the future will bring.

on the road i check the rearview mirror regularly but my eyes are focussed on the road ahead-the past is not the future we can see where we have been.

the only real thing dissenters and the pro-gunns group have is a clear recognition of the need for change-

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.