FKP 0.98% $2.03 fkp property group

todays results didnt look too bad

1. 1,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Forecast 1sth operating profit of $35m, with stronger results forecast for the second half. Almost all of the income comes from recurring income streams.

from the statement

"Interest rate swaps
    Accounting standards require the recognition as a liability of interest rate hedging
    agreements to the extent that they are out of the money at balance date. The likely
    charge is approx. $25m (figures are after-tax).
    Investment Property Valuations - Non-Retirements
    FKP has sought external valuations of all properties held within the managed funds
    (FKP Core Plus Fund and FKP Core Plus Fund Two), and the majority of assets
    owned by the FKP Property Trust. It is expected that total writedowns will be approx.
    $25m.
    Investment Property Valuations – Retirements
    There is no reliable external evidence in the past six months as to the traded value of
    retirement portfolios of the size and quality of that owned by FKP. However, given
    trends in the valuation of other types of quality property assets, FKP believes it would
    be prudent to reflect an easing of the discount rate, and currently expects to value
    the portfolio on a discount rate of 12% (June 2008 11.5%). This would result in a
    non-operating charge of approx. $45m - $50m.
    Investment in RVG
    FKP will conservatively assume a movement in discount rates similar to that
    assumed on its own directly-owned assets, as well as reflecting the change during
    the period in the $A/$NZ exchange rate. Together with goodwill written off (previously
    advised) and interest rate hedges, there will be an impairment charge of approx.
    $20m.
    Development and Land Division Assets
    FKP is currently conducting a detailed review of the assets owned by its development
    and land divisions. Accounting standards require impairment charges to be taken on
    those assets judged to be worth less than their carrying value, whereas undervalued
    assets are not permitted to be written up to realisable value.
    Consequently, while FKP does not believe that any impairment has occurred in these
    asset classes as a whole, the write-down required under the standards is anticipated
    to be of the order of $50m - $55m.
    Other
    There will be a number of other smaller charges relating to items such as options
    expenses and redundancy payments, and losses on investments as previously
    advised to the market (total approx. $20m)."

Seems like a fairly good outcome to me.

What are others thoughts?

Also the MACD D line has crossed the signal line and the share price has broken through the 24period MA. This coupled with the parabolic SAR dropping below the current price, which with my newb (and probably crap) understanding of indicators is positive for an upward movement in the SP.

Please some one correct me if I am wrong. Unfortunately I dont have any money for this one at the moment... (crap)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.