BRU 3.49% 8.3¢ buru energy limited

Today's trade, page-13

1. 264 Posts.
    Last time I looked, Buru tenements were not prospective for lithium, so not sure about this particular line of thinking.

I was doing a spot of research on Buru past price history when they initially started up Ungani production in July 15. Looks like the SP had bottomed around 32c in April that year and put on about 10c from there leading up to an operations update at the end of that month, then on that update confirming Ungani startup, went as high as 68c by start of May. However, it fell away as the oil price collapsed, as everyone knows. Not suggesting it will match this by hitting 68c again the minute they announce the restart this time, but I think it's a more relevant comparison to a spec stock in another sector. Ideally the oil price improves this time. Importantly and impressively, Buru have avoided issuing any further shares since that time and have a total of something like $27.5m in development funding from Mitsubishi, (first $9m available now) so no spending commitments themselves in getting Ungani going again, or further drilling costs when they meet various production quotas. The current market cap is only $68m, which probably reflects the current non-producing, non-exploring status, but might seem ridiculously low when that changes.

I have no idea when the final go ahead will be given, the holiday trading we've seen hasn't given anything away. So I imagine there are always those in the know and if it is to happen this month, there should be signs in the price action this week. If not, maybe they are still waiting for approvals, but it won't be more than a month or two away.
    Last edited by YourMoneyMaker: 07/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
-0.003(3.49%)
Mkt cap ! $55.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.6¢ 8.6¢ 8.3¢ $18.59K 218.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 56997 8.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.