MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

today's trading, page-10

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Or favourite numbers FT.

Because of the lack of regulation the BOTs don't even bother to disguise their trades:

218 223 224 230 231 then 112 118 119 125 now 763 is the popular number. Maybe it's a code for this week's lottery.

But hey, that's the face of trading today. As long as there are victims, unfortunately, it will continue. This is until it is realised the real damage BOTs are doing to the market and the SHs who are stranded on a different level. The rules of the game should be upgraded to once again bring it back to a tough, but fair, playing field.

As far as a T/O anatol, anything is on the cards. CDU is another one in a similar position who has been under the hammer from the BOTs lately. But then BOT attacks are all over the market. The more we speculate about their purpose though, the more fuel they get from SHs emotions being stirred. The important thing for SHs is to realise their immediate tactics and don't get lured in.

MEO revised their constitution to include SH voting on proportional T/Os but not full T/Os. Once FIRB approval is through and MEO gets cashed up I think they will be a bit more expensive.

The other point is who would the T/O bid be from? Petrobras - but not after A#1 is drilled.
    Woodside or Chevron - how would that go with Petrobras on the scene?
    Any other - there is still the Petrobras factor.

As you say the SP has been capped for months. Perhaps it is someone who missed out on the bid who has been speculating the deal with PBR may fall through. There is still the speculation that FIRB may not be obtained. This will still leave MEO having to drill themselves and looking for plan B (but I doubt it).

Unfortunately, in today's trading environment, it is nothing for a company with big pockets to employ a broker to bring the SP price down on potential targets.

That is why I feel once FIRB approval is given the SP will settle down, but who knows. All I know is that the fundamentals of MEO have only changed for the better in recent weeks but, evidently, Mr Market disagrees with me.

If there is a T/O offer then SHs will need to look at that when the time comes.

Whatever happens in the mean time the questions will still need to be asked by SHs:

'Is the downside resistance of MEO fairly safe to be in for the short term and, if so, how do I get in on the right side of the swings?'

or

"I like the prospects of MEO and I am in for the long term. Do I really need to keep stressing over the SP every day because experience tells me that I know it will keep on bouncing".

Or anything in between i.e. hold some shares for the long term and trade the swings with more.

The same questions need to be asked for any shares we hold.

I have been accused of putting together posts and saying nothing. That is the point. By removing the clutter, the message is simple but honest, so it appears as if nothing has been said.

#:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.