TOE 0.00% 32.5¢ toro energy limited

You may be interested to know that a long term rule of thumb in...

1. 99 Posts.
    You may be interested to know that a long term rule of thumb in the industry is inferred u3o8 resources changing hands (in friendly transactions) for 8% of the price being acheived in offtake contracts. This is currently about US$7.60/lb or say A$9-A$10/lb. Remember the Napperby trnsaction that TOE did with DYL? This has an 8% mechanism although it has a cap and collar - effectively caped at A$6/lb at current prices.

But like any rule of thumb it must be used with caution as one persons u3o8 lb is not necessarily anothers....the market is generally efficient though and you will see lower /lb valuations for those companies with deposits in difficult locales.

On the WA stamp duty front just a few facts (as I understand them anyway) fyi
    1. it is not charged on the full value of the transaction
    2. it is charged against what is called "value in land"
    3. the value of intangibles such as value of contracts/ access agreements/ infrastructure agreements is not included
    4. allowance is usually made for the premium paid in a takeover situation although there is uncertainty usually associated with this factor
    5. it only applies to the fraction of assets in WA not the full value of the company

There are a couple of other complicating factors with stamp duty such as the TOE share price at the time the Nova shares are exchanged (not when the transaction is announced). This would be one reason the amount could not be declared at the time of the takeover.

I think you will find that when you multiply all these factors in a single equation you will not get a number anything like A$15m. It may be in the millions of dollars but I would be surprised if it went to double figures!

I am no lawyer so please take these guidelines with a cautionary statement: I could be wrong but this is my understanding!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
31.5¢ 32.5¢ 30.5¢ $14.14K 45.10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25176 30.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.5¢ 16689 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.