Toe nail art, page-19

1. 18,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Red Cedar and  gordon 2  - o.k. perhaps it was a joke, but
    my initial reaction to those painted toe nails was disbelief and horror and somewhere the mention of the second toe digit being somehow an indication of something ominous - 'what' you wouldn't say - and having noticed that my one somewhat bent second toe digit is just a tiny bit longer than the big toe before had had me researching the topic in the past.
    . . . . .and yes, the ancient Greeks have produced a lot of sculpture with the second toe being slightly longer - they saw it as a beauty ideal.  It behooved our modern world to give it a rather boring name after some doctor discovered this anomaly, which gives some people trouble, only to find out that up to 30% of populations possess that feature - and
    Red Cedar: no, the painting is not of a 'tranny' even if the picture you responded to must be of those unfortunates who sacrifice a lot to have some ephemeral, artificial beauty, only to find they suffer lifelong consequences.
    We can possibly ask the resident Greek God, if he possesses that longer second toe.
    As for 'trannies' in ancient Greece - they didn't need them - having accepted 'boy' love as normal for their young men in some of their tribes - but - note - if an older man (and 'old' was anyone over 30) persisted in that habit, they also called him a 'dirty old man' and he was looked at askance.  Socrates (the son of a midwife and a stone mason) was suspected as such, only the accepted view is that Athenian politicians didn't like his political views (he praised Sparta for example) and didn't like that he discussed this view in public with their young in the public discussion forums; he also taught Plato, who in turn taught Aristotle (teacher of Alexander the Great) - he eventually had to defend his views etc. and was condemned to drinking the poison chalice (hemlock).  He is also the eponymous 'hen-pecked' husband as his wife often scolded him publicly and shamed him for being lazy - a behaviour unheard of from 'normal' women, as wives were supposed to be 'seen and not heard' - they both seem to have lived a rather public life.
    (I love ancient history.)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.