Tokenistic, fake, Indige­nous voice and appeasing white guilt, page-73

1. 44,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    yes to mention Hitler at all is an instant failure of my imagination to provide a less extreme alternative. over the top hyperbole - guilty as charged.

b- bu- but it was bluey Joe.... it was the only way to give 'im a slap .....

myths and legends, covid and the Voice. lets not leave out AGW and energy. the battles of hyperbole rage here every day. lies are put forth as truths and truths are labeled lies. where this bizarre dance of reason and unreason goes.....

yet I'll take you up on the stolen generations. these kids weren't taken by welfare for welfare reasons. it was under the order of the White Aus policy to dilute the blood and remove the hereditary culture. its well documented. the girls were trained for house servants and the boys for labourers with some basic work skills thrown in.

I won't go into deeper detail as I'm sure you're aware of the docos that have been shown, as well as the famous movies. no shyte Joe, it was seriously traumatising for many if not all. I seriously doubt your perception, but I see the experience through the eyes and voices of those affected. so likely the real truth is somewhere in between.

yep to argue about the Voice often feels to be a lost cause. but I've always been an advocate. it comes from my (non-legal) profession working in prisons. it was there I met many who were in prison for things over which they had very little control due to a range of cognitive impairments.

y'see Joe, as I see it, our whole system of administration exists in a paradigm of blaming someone and meting out punishment. this overlooks many intrinsic factors.... as much as the laws and courts allow mitigation, they still cannot allow for the whole story to be included. don't get me wrong, I'm not soft on crims, not naive.... I was never called a 'crime lover'. but there are many aspects that have resulted in the disproportionate imprisonment of Aboriginal people.

and so Joe, my desire for this important change is for the betterment of these people. hey I'm a old bin nurse..... hahaha... what else could I do?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.