LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

tol to be issued after general election

1. 136 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    From all indications, the Malaysian General Election will probably be held around 16-09-12. The ruling Barisan National Parties are expected to win with Najib still enjoying 64% popularity. They are also dishing out alots of goodies lately. They are reluctant to complicate matters by issuing TOL prior to the Election, this would create unnecessary demonstrations etc. These are the scenarios post Election:
    1. Barisan wins -- TOL will be issued 1 minute after phone call from PM. Because all is ready even as this moment.
    2. In the unlikely event that the opposition wins. There will NOT be smooth transfer of Government. Something like May 13, 1969 may happen, chaos and Emergency rule will apply-- TOL will be issued 1 or 2 months later.
    3. In the very unlikely unlikely event that the opposition wins and Najib phones and congratulates Anwar to become the Next PM. TOL----???????
    I must emphasize that this is my personal point of view after many long discussions with my Malaysian friends. We are not political experts just talking some commonsense.
    6 or 7 more weeks is not too long to wait. And also the down side risk of the share is very limited and the up side is big. I actually think that Nick fully understands the situation, but he CANNOT tell.
    Good Luck to LT Holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.