DOW 0.62% $4.80 downer edi limited

told you to get your calls in place!, page-22

1. 4,005 Posts.
    re: crashes through 8500 .. 9000? Is the trade deficit under control ?

Is household debt manageable ?

Has the property market topped, looking at the bond market, it may have.

Is inflation going to cause a mass pricing squeeze, where it will place consumers further and deeper in the poo where prices continue to rise and the unemployment rate steadily increases?

The CRB index is an excellent forward indicator for inflation and prices are on the rise, how will this effect the producer ? Will it hurt profit margins ?

With the S&P 500 accelerating north, are equities now overvalued with forward p/e's close to the mid 20's and dividend yields less that 1.8% ?

With China exporting profit deflation to the globe, will this further hampen corporate America's profit forecasts ?

If inflation is on the rise, will interest rates increase ?

Is Wall street just one big sucker rally ? I don't think stocks as a whole are great value as precedented by past bear markets. There are still investment opportunities out there though.

The other thing that concerns me, is the gap-up the major indices have created on a technicak basis, thus it is a sure sign they will go back and test the gaps as past trading history suggests.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.80
Change
-0.030(0.62%)
Mkt cap ! $3.223B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.79 $4.82 $4.78 $5.766M 1.200M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 11767 $4.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.81 831 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.