tom 924 i do not ruin the world economy, page-3

1. 3,792 Posts.
    Subject tom 924 i do not ruin the world economy
    Posted 24/03/05 00:40 - 3 reads
    Posted by diatribe
    IP 203.51.xxx.xxx
    Post #172616 - start of thread - splitview

dont blame me mate i wish i could get bullish but the whole mess is getting worse by the day ! why is it my fault ? i dont run the game i just play in it . blame the yanks not me

Diatribe, all the companies I am invested in have been making record profits.

75% of 2004/2005 profits are already "locked in" & will be record profits again.

A one day fall in the ASX, the worst in 2 years & suddenly it's all over??? Wrong.

I'm not blaming anybody for anything, I have no reason to point blame & am actually still doing quite well.

When Markets Climb A Wall Of Worry

Market Comment

By Maynard Paton

What does the phrase 'bull markets climb a wall of worry' actually mean?

It's best to think of a bull market as a conversion process. Shares rise when the majority of investors switch from being market cynics to market supporters.

Rewind to March 2003, when shares were at rock bottom. There was plenty to fret about back then, not least falling profits, accounting black holes and the imminent Iraqi war. Everyone who wanted to sell as a result of the preceding bear market had already done so.

But some investors started to look beyond the worries and noticed the market's undervaluation -- and kicked off the current bull phase. However, as share prices began to rise after March 2003, most shareholders -- scarred by the market's recent losses -- remained wedded to their doubts.

Despite the gloom, share prices increased rapidly throughout 2003 and 2004. The momentum began to reassure market sceptics that they're fears had in fact been overdone. Gradually, more and more doubters became believers and pushed the market higher.

Though the market has done well in the past two years, the 'wall of worry' remains high. At the moment, popular opinion says don't invest because of the record oil price, possible interest rate hikes, the weak US dollar, higher taxes post-general election, a toppy housing market, pension deficits and terrorism. Nevertheless, these high-profile fears suggest the bull market conversion process will continue. Their presence indicates there are still many bears around -- and all are potential converts capable of fuelling the market to new highs.

Only when all the market's non-believers have been converted -- when the 'wall of worry' has been conquered and pretty much everyone agrees that shares can only go higher -- will the bull market end. Indeed, that's the point when market supporters will slowly start to revert back into cynics. Given today's many anxieties, no explanation of 'bear markets descend a slope of hope' should be due anytime soon.

More: Two Years Of Bull... And The Market Still Looks Cheap | This Time It's Different

I was buying today & will be buying tommorow.

The best days in the sharemarket & the worse days congregate together.

The worst days(today was the worst in 2 years) are usually followed by the best days within 2-3 days.

It's buying time & time will show it to be true.

Why do you hate life so much???

Life can be good if you the right frame of mind.

Cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.