MSB 8.76% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

I am a medical professional but neither a haematologist nor an...

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    I am a medical professional but neither a haematologist nor an immunnologist-- However in my field I get asked about Stem Cells all the time --- to most of the stem cell related questions (pertaining to my speciality) that I get, the answer that I give (based on contemporary evidence) is that at best it is Disallowed. This is because the amount of signalling pathways needed for getting stem cells to attach to the right site and then convert tto cartilage or heart cells are innumberable, and are incompletely understood.

BUT........In ARDS there is no need for the cells to attach to any location. The effect is within the blood stream and is a combination of humoral (secretions from the cell) and cellular. We dont need to introduce special signalling pathway, the MSC seem to be preprogrammed to do what they do (and a what and why it does it does not seem to be fully understood). The lack of viral receptors on the MSC means that they are active and even 'untouchable' as they deploy countermeasures against the virus

The evidence of MSC particularly in paediatric GVHD (another similar event) as everyone here knows is gradually building up-- demonstrating the ability of MSC to curtail the unshackled inflammatory cascade which snowballs into an avalanche of inflammatory mediators (cytokine storm) causing ARDS.Among the main killers in COVID the havoc created by this inflammatory cascade results in the capillary blood vessels of the lung to transition from tight filtrating micropore membranes to leaky channels flooding the patients lung with the filtrate from these leaky capillaries -- effectively drowning people in their own secretions.

Interestingly multiple studies in animal models, including horses and mice have shown a significant difference in survival in ARDS and acute lunng injury (ALI)1,2,3, In Humans the infromation is still in evolution and is perhaps depndent on the type of cells and preservation techniques ass well.

I think this realisation is one of the key reasons that the multicentre trial has such far reaching acceptance and uptake. This may have been one reason behind the oversubscription. Investors do their due delligence and if the story in question looks good there will be significant support (which there is in my opinion)

So I think the share will open at 3.4 or more and move up.

1) Gupta N, Su X, Popov B, Lee JW, Serikov V, Matthay MA. Intrapulmonary delivery of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells improves survival and attenuates endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in mice. J Immunol.
    2) Yang KY, Shih HC, How CK, Chen CY, Hsu HS, Yang CW, et al. . IV delivery of induced pluripotent stem cells attenuates endotoxin-induced acute lung injury in mice. Chest. (2011)
    3) Rojas M, Cardenes N, Kocyildirim E, Tedrow JR, Caceres E, Deans R, et al. . Human adult bone marrow-derived stem cells decrease severity of lipopolysaccharide-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome in sheep. Stem Cell Res Ther. (2014) 5:42

Interestingly animal studies in horses and mice have shown

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
-0.095(8.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.12 $1.12 98.0¢ $26.84M 25.91M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 25272 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 6571 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
99.5¢
  Change
-0.095 ( 7.78 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.12 $1.12 98.0¢ 3288218
Last updated 15.59pm 30/04/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.