EXR 3.03% 16.0¢ elixir energy limited

For the gas wells themselves I'd expect they will run...

1. 2,098 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 446
    For the gas wells themselves I'd expect they will run reciprocating engines fueled by gas out of the well head for dewatering the well and wellsites power. Some solar panels with batteries also for the light electrical load at each well. 24vdc control circuits and telemetry for monitoring and control.

You are correct though, the gas will come up warm and could well be above 30 degrees, although it wont require compression in the gathering system until it reaches large pipelines for transmission. Most CSG gathering is self pressurised and the compressors are for feeding pipelines or processing plants, which generally are sites to mainly dry out the gas as it's 97%+ pure methane, in the case of QLD coal seam gas at least.

Wells can have in excess of 3500kpa casing pressure running straight out of the the well head and into regulated wellsites and gathering lines of around 350 to 500kpa, feeding into compressor suction. Gas Turbines may be used for compressor facilities but I'd be thinking the easiest machines to run could be reciprocating engines again. Already proven and easier to find skilled maintainers for. Though turbines are also used. I couldn't say which is better for maintenance and service.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.