ATH 0.00% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

tomorrows news today, page-3

1. 5,898 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 151
    Logic says that you are spouting off showing you are not very well informed about Prana's progress.
    For your information stocky
    1. Recently Prana researchers discovered a previously unknown function of of the APP protein in the brain. It(APP), is the brains mechanism for clearing excess iron from the neurons. (APP was also discovered by a Prana scientist)
    2. Prana have developed a drug based on its attraction for copper and zinc.
    3. The amyloid plaques made up of the Amyloid generated by the APP(which stands for Amyloid Precurser Protein)which have an attraction for iron, also attract excess copper and zinc from the brain processes. The plaques, loaded with the copper and zinc hang around gumming up the synapses and preventing the Amyloid getting to the cells(neurons)to remove excess iron. This process gets worse with age.
    4. Enter PBT2. It has a slightly stronger attraction to copper and zinc than the amyloid does. It attracts the copper and zinc away from the plaques.
    5. With the copper and zinc gone the amyloid has nothing to bind and so dissipate. The plaques start to lessen.
    6. With no copper and zinc to trap the amyloid, the APP can now begin its original job of clearing out excess iron.
    7. The metals in the plaques are essential metals for the brains normal function. PBT2 does not bind permenantly to the metals like some other treatments, but releases them for reuse back where they are needed in the brain.
    8. A clinical trial has demonstrated reversal of cognition loss. Just to be very clear, that is the patients finished the trial with scores above the baseline. ie the starting point.
    9. Subsequent very elegant research from Prana's scientists demonstrated that mice treated with PBT2 grew new working brain interconnections. The brain was repairing itself once PBT2 had created the conditions.

10. Go back to step 3. No PBT2. Iron keeps building in the cells. Iron load starts to become a problem in the neurons. Oxidation begins, slowly poisoning the cells(neurons) connections are lost. New memories are the first to go and then old memories till there is nothing left. Process from when it is diagnosed as Alzheimers takes several years.

Now stocky, if you can see any mistakes there please let me know. If there is anything you dont believe also let me know because most of the info has been published in peer reviewed journals.
    There are probably a few assunptions there but I would be glad to discuss any problems you have. I am not a medical professional, just a fellow investor who knows how to read clinical trial results and published research on a subject. So if you have changed your mind about shorting Prana please do your own research first.
    Well done on the antibiotic. You were correct, the original drug PBT2 was based on is an antibiotic, which is a very well known fact. I have simplified the whole thing so have probably made some emissions. Feel free to correct me.
    I will do another post about the competence of Prana's scientists. This one is getting too long.
    So not only have they clearly demonstrated their MOA, they have rewritten the book on the causes of Alzheimers adding iron as a major, maybe the major culprit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $886 275.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
48 56368671 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 125986200 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.34am 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.