MED 0.00% 0.6¢ merlin diamonds limited

Tomra XRT Production capacity

1. 520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 219
    Just to repeat part of a previous post that I posted about 3 months ago, which is much more relevant today:

"The capacity of a single Tomra XRT machine is 150 tonnes per hour. (from Tomra website)
    If you only run a single 12 hour shift daily we will do 1,800 tonnes daily or 54k tonnes per month.

Production from recommencement of operations Oct 2016 until 30 June 2017, was 4,605 ct from 86,407 tonnes of material. This works out to be 5.3 cts per 100 tonnes of ore which is about 50% of the probable reserve released by the company in their 2014 Ore Reserve calculation (Jan 2015 presentation).

My projections based on above assumptions using the new Tomra machine.

Using ore mainly from the Ector pipe.
    10 cts diamonds per 100 tonnes.
    54k tonnes of ore monthly.

We should get 5,400 cts in the first month.
    This is more than the first 8 months of operation since October 2016!!

If we advance to two shifts daily, a single machine could handle about 95k of ore monthly.
    Diamond production would be 10,000 cts monthly & 120,000 cts annually. "

When does the company have to report ? I doubt that there would be a requirement to report unless something out of the ordinary occurs, i.e. something significant which is very open to interpretation.

In my opinion, the company would report immediately upon production of any ONE of the following:

1. Red, blue, pink or green diamonds larger than ONE carat,
    2. Gem or near gem quality white diamonds larger than 30 carats, or
    3. Total monthly production in excess of 2,000 carats.

Regardless, we should get some guidance from the Dec 2017 quarterly which is due by the end of January.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MED (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.