TON 0.00% 1.0¢ triton minerals ltd

ton meeting, page-249

1. 9,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Yes, saw that jackarooz.

Interested in the Lowell Asset Management (a private Australian asset management and investment banking group), where AB was a founding director.

Mike Chester's cv indicates he is the Investment Manager for the Lowell Resources Fund - I wonder if these are the same?

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=40085079&privcapId=37126011

These company directors are certainly an incestuous lot, aren't they. They "bob" up everywhere together - take Regent Pacific/Mellon/Baillieu. Another Regent director, Jamie Gibson, was formerly on the board of BCI representing Regent Pacific's 19% interest. Regent attempted a t/o - which was "thwarted" by no other than Consolidated Minerals - (the company where TON's new directors hail)
    http://www.minterellison.com/nl_201106_mab/

Both Baillieu and Gibson appear on another recently t/o target of Regent - Plethora.

It would be good to see if Regent is/was on the TON register via one of the "nominee" accounts that you cannot access, especially when they own less than 5%.

An interesting extract from this UK article re shareholders of underperforming stocks "making life hell_ for their management ....

Active Investors: File under A for Awkward

"A breed more common in the US, active investors come in all guises and are rarely welcome news for management. Their most visible form are the 'active funds' which buy into underperforming situations and seek to increase performance using a range of often controversial techniques. A prime example of this species is Hong Kong-based Regent Pacific Group, which is currently trying to force the break-up of ailing Hambros (see p42).

Then there are the corporate raiders, high-profile individuals who buy stakes, take seats on the board and wield influence from within. And there are the traditional fund managers, who - under ever more pressure themselves to perform - are increasingly busy behind closed doors, devising and pushing through corporate change.

UK Active Value (UKAV), an investment fund worth around [pounds]200-million and run by Julian Treger and Brian Myerson, is the public tip of the active investor iceberg in Britain. Variously dubbed as raiders, buccaneers, cowboys, or as one analyst put it, 'I keep their number filed under B for bastards', the duo set up their first and main fund in 1993 and have used it to take stakes in companies like Signet, Scholl, Kenwood, Greycoat and Hogg Robinson.

Their investment formula goes like this: buy a stake in an underperforming business; call for radical corporate change such as 'the chief executive must go', or, as in the case of property firm Greycoat, 'put yourself up for sale'; leak this to a Sunday newspaper; get other shareholders on side and once you have the required 10%, call an EGM and force a vote on your proposals.

'My heart sank when I saw them appear on our shareholder register,' says the head of one company in which UKAV holds a stake and who did not want to be identified. 'I thought, this is going to be trouble and waste a lot of time. They don't care how they go about things; they buy shares at x and want to see them get to y and will try and get there by any means.https://www.questia.com/magazine/1G1-20417185/active-investors-file-under-a-for-awkward

https://www.macroaxis.com/invest/manager/PLE.L--Jamie_Gibson

Don't you just love the share market

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TON (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.0¢ 1.0¢ $0 29

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 120686 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 171697 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.09am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TON (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.