All the same i don't see the harm in investing in non-polluting...

1. 2,754 Posts.
    All the same i don't see the harm in investing in non-polluting renewables, in fact i think it makes sense as for subsidies well i don't think they are needed if the technology is better and as cheap or cheaper, then those with vested interests should be prepared to compete on a level playing field, the arguments for one or the other are lost in the propaganda of vested interests on both sides, so lets wait and see where the money goes, interesting to find the following story it should make our coal miners shiver a little.

The Indian government continues to push proliferation of solar power through publicly owned companies, this time through the world’s largest coal mining company – Coal India Limited.

A coal mine in Dhanbad, India
    Coal India is planning to develop solar power plants across various states of India. According to media reports, the company is in talks with Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) for the development of 1,000MW solar power plants. The site identification for putting up of solar plants has already been initiated. Coal India will undertake investments of $1.2 billion for this initiative.

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2014/worlds-largest-coal-miner-invest-1-2-billion-solar-power-39481

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.