"The Liberals need to find the source and lance the boil as in...

1. Enn
    1,463 Posts.
    "The Liberals need to find the source and lance the boil as in Australia too many people think that this is a good enough reason to sack a sitting PM"

cerhob, when you say "this is a good enough reason......" above can you clarify what you mean?
    Are you referring just to the story about the proposed Iraq invasion?

I'd say the real problem is much less the content of the now several leaks and much more the obvious reality that many of Mr Abbott's colleagues are unhappy with him, as is apparently the majority of the electorate if his disapproval rating is to be believed.

I don't know anyone who actually voted for Tony Abbott. He was disliked and earned little respect as Health Minister in the Howard government, and won the ballot over Malcolm Turnbull by just one vote to lead the Libs which can't be regarded as an overwhelming vote of confidence.

Would you agree that at the last election the majority of votes represented the collective wish of much of the electorate to get rid of Labor, and that Mr Abbott just came with the alternative package?
    As distinct from people saying, "I really like Tony Abbott and want an ultra-conservative Prime Minister."

I know many people, even dyed in the wool always vote Right voters, who are completely dismayed at the repeated missteps and politically stupid actions and statements by Mr Abbott.
    I'll include myself in the dismayed, though I'm a swinging voter, having voted for both sides in federal and state elections.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.