tony abbott loses the election and should go, page-34

1. 3,195 Posts.

"the liberal party has not as yet gained one more seat as a result of this election the nats have gained 8 the greens 1 and labor has lost 9
    i dont know where the 14 is coming from unless it is by adding the seats gained and ignoring the seats lost
    i dont know what to make of a standstill position for the libs but obviously the nats will weild a litttle more power in that coalition"

my bad i was confusing overall seat losses and moreoever i still had numbers in my head from as they stood at count last night... you're right the liberals havn't gained really... consider that one year ago they were looking to lose seats rather than maintain with sandbagging... look I know abbott didn't give a stellar performance... the election was boring and dry as between abbott and gillard... there wasn't anybody with fire in their belly, anybody inspirational... abbott was essentially trying to not stuff up... he was out of his comfort zone as it was convincingly living down the "mad monk" image that he rather deservedly had gained... but you can't expect an abbott to put in like an obama performance...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.