Another ill inform comment from an ill inform voter - God help...

1. 62 Posts.
    Another ill inform comment from an ill inform voter - God help please. We the people pay the GTS - NOT Apple, Google etc.

If anything, Apple and others will just use this as an excuse to raise the price even higher than required so as to make even more obscene profits and then blame the Government for the price rise.

Wake up Australia, you are being screwed when it come to prices etc. How about we start by making corporations pay appropriate taxes - there's a novel idea.

Even if they do raise the GST, I will just buy even more online overseas and continue to save a fortune! Even if they do bring GST in on 'Online transactions', you are still financial better off buying overseas.

As an example, I bought an item recently O/S and it cost $5AU including mail. That exact same items was best quoted at $20AU from inside Australia - even with a GST applied, I am still close to 300% better off!

Also, GST is a regressive tax in that the lower your income, the greater the % of income that is taken in taxes.

It is OK for the well off, they have discretionary income and therefore can 'choose' what tax to pay by changing their purchasing patterns, however lower income earners have little choice in relation to the majority of their disposable / discretionary purchases as it goes on the basics - Food, Accommodation / transport etc.

Thank you

Mezz

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.