Tony Abbott ridiculed for vowing to build better toilets at surf club as part of election pitch

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2

Former Prime Minister Tony Abbott has been mocked on social media for an impassioned promise to build better toilets.

The federal member for Warringah took to Twitter to tell his constituents he'd had enough, saying Manly Beach needed more accommodating facilities.

Standing in front of a portable toilet with a medal from the Cole Classic swim event slung around his neck, Mr Abbott said Sydneysiders can expect him to fight for better toilets in the upcoming federal election.

But despite the strong message, social media was quick to point out that Mr Abbott had had plenty of time to fix the issue.

A still-dripping and shirtless Mr Abbott spoke in a video later posted to Twitter.

'Like thousands of other people, I'm here today for the Cole Classic swim,' he said.

'Literally, hundreds of thousands of people visit Manly Beach every year. They need better facilities than this. 

'And this will be one of the things I'll be fighting for in the build-up to this election.'

'A 25 year parliamentary career, including a stint as Health Minister and PM, and this is where it lands - whingeing about dunnies in his togs,' one commenter wrote.

'Abbott really did squander his power and glory.'

'I agree. I would have hoped the local member for the last 25 years might have been onto it before now...,' tweeted another after sharing the video.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6663751/Tony-Abbott-ridiculed-vowing-build-better-toilets-surf-club-election-pitch.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.