Tony Abbott says that the Liberals need more women, page-44

1. 82,128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Ai will be modified, regulated to prevent machines taking over.''

I don't think that's possible

why? - because we won't be able to handle the workload - we can't keep up with legislation now

imagine how much more legislation will be required in a decade of technological 'explosion' and it is going to be 'explosion' ------------- it's already baked in

imagine the legislation that we've had to introduce in the last 50 years because of technological changes -

now, in the next 5 years (guessing) - we'll have as much or more technological change as in the last 50 years

how are we going to deal with that?

as to pessimism -------- often it's merely observation. Like I said in those 2018 posts about a coming rental crisis and homelessness crisis -----

they were nothing but observations ----------- then, I stated - an opinion on how we would handle it - I did not know ------------ (ok, my confidence wasn't the highest - ya got me there)

Date:15/05/18Time:09:28:30Post #:33094627

hmmmm - I think we do have a crisis coming - a real crisis of massive social proportion - but, probably not the one we have been expecting.

What I see is that if we keep up the immigration rates ----- then, along with the latest findings about dodgy bank practices - and the absolute clamping down on lending practices resulting from that - along with thing like the clampdown on interest only loans -

what we will have is less people being able to get mortgages --

which might result in some price correction - but, by far - by a country mile will have massive implications on the rental scene.

What we will end up with from what I can see is massive rental demand - massive rental price rises and probably massive rises in homelessness

How governments respond to that will be anyone's guess - given their ineptitude in the area of crystal ball gazing and putting in place mechanisms that can only be described as childish folly.''
    Last edited by pintohoo: 09/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.