Tony Abbott Today

1. 20,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1776
    Former prime minister Tony Abbott is urging the Turnbull government to rule out changing capital gains tax in next month's budget.
    Mr Abbott is again offering advice to his successor and his front bench team, saying he would be dismayed if the budget contained overt or covert tax increases.
    "It's good that the treasurer has ruled out changes to negative gearing but he should rule out changing capital gains tax and resource rent tax too because we shouldn't be in the business of punishing people who have a go," he told News Corp on Wednesday.
    This was from the same bloke that bought in the new rules re pension cut offs for the so called rich!
    Not that I want changes to the capital gains tax either, but the gall of this bloke is beyond belief!

I have always been a saver and have tried to invest in something that would benefit the country hopefully one day and perhaps make a quid, pretty hard when we have fast algorithmic trading allowed and sanctified by the ASX what a joke!
    I have never wasted my money and I have worked and paid my taxes most of my life, I did retire early because the place I worked at was one of the places our government decided to sell off , I got paid out, I really didn’t have a choice, I have tried to make ends meet, I always expected some sort of pension albeit small, but now I get nothing for being frugal, I now spend my days looking after my wife who has had a stroke and also cancer in the last two years, for that I get the princely sum of around $124 per fortnight for looking after her, but what pension I did get was removed by this person who says he wants to look after those that have a go?, I am not complaining about looking after my wife, I would do that for nothing, I am just glad to still have her, but when someone like Tony Abbott comes out with his tripe today about looking after those that want to have a go, I almost puked, what a bloody hypocrite he is?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.