As a skeptical scientist I have studied the climate change issue...

1. 1,197 Posts.
    As a skeptical scientist I have studied the climate change issue very closely. One side has an incredible amount of evidence, consensus and a consilience stretching back into the 1980's. The other side has no evidence and just denies its existence either because the timeline of data goes against their religion, or because they have so much invested in the current, quite stable conditions ie markets and real estate that they don't want to see ruffled before they have made their little nest in the earth. They fact Abbott was unable to talk or elaborate on his position yet again on climate change is ridiculous, Sarah got what she was after while the scientific and critical thinking communities cringe yet again. It is not a lefty conspiracy, it is scientific fact. The fact the leader of our country has such a distaste for the scientific community goes a long way to paint the picture of this fool of fools.

I will say though that the worst thing that ever happened to climate science was Al Gores "inconvenient truth". All it managed to do was politicise the issue and it became a left vs right issue instead of a 'lets employ common sense to curb the future effects'. Why have we not seen a massive rising in mean sea levels yet? Look up Lag effect and employ some critical thinking.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.