dustbe very careful - the oxygen levels you're experiencing up...

1. 8,527 Posts.
    dust

be very careful - the oxygen levels you're experiencing up there on those impossibly high moralistic levels could be getting dangerous -

funny, not a peep, ever, from Labor afficianados, at the time Gillard, viciously, spitefully, hate filled, spitting rage, branded Abbott a "mysogynist" - entirely unwarranted, off topic spite - because she could. at the time. Under protection of the Parliamentary roof.

This flawed, totally unwarranted and unjust accusation then circled the world, as some "truth" - the Abbott character and reputation totally besmirched - hundreds of thousands of women, here and internationally, lampooned, and turned on Abbott - taking this for some sort of gospel truth - why, some deluded top Magazine editor in the USA (a woman) even proposed making Gillard Time Magazine's Woman of the Year.

Mr. Abbott, his wife, his daughters, his parents, his siblings, his whole extended family, AND his political Party, had to live with, and contend with this total character assassination. Mud, once thrown, sadly sticks even to the innocent.

Not a blink from Gillard. (She - so quick to pick up the 'phone and tear into Editors in blind rages when they or their journos dared face up to her - say things SHE didn't like!) To the point, I allege, of people's right to free speech being deliberately impeded. (Ask Glen Milne - Michael Smith!) No objection on this front from any Labor supporters - including, I presume, you?

Wouldn't be so precious about it, if I were you.

OK to shred reputations - as long as it's not anything (anyone) to do with one's own particular political sentiments.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.